|From Borough News - Autumn 2013|
Only months after taking credit in "Borough News" for a "fantastic new open space" at Berrywood Meadow, Lib Dem Eastleigh Borough wants to transfer responsibility for the area to the Town Council.
As reported in the minutes of this month's Finance and Administration Committee, The Town Clerk has had meetings with Borough officers about the transfer of Berrywood Meadow and other areas of public open space. These include:
- Open Space at Coulsdon Road,
- Green areas at Cranbourne Park,
- Footpath and green corridors around Downscroft Gardens,
- Locke Road Open Space,
- Open Space to rear of Missenden Acres, and
- Various footpaths in Grange Park.
That is why I insisted at the meeting that we are given full and credible cost estimates before any agreement is made to transfer responsibility.